Craig is a dad from Powys. And he’s after good children’s books to share with his kids. He’s asked A Problem Shared… for advice.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on good children’s books? I’ve got a daughter who’s 12 and a boy who is 7. I read a lot of Roald Dahl as a child and I’ve passed these books down. However, I think my kids would appreciate more modern or newer books. I don’t know where to start looking! No Twilight, please.
Our FamilyPoint advice to Craig
Thanks for getting in touch with us regarding reading books for your children. We hope you find the following book sites for children and young people useful:
In addition to these sites, please find below a list of individual books/authors you may also like to explore:
– Annie Auerbach – Despicable Me
– Antoine de Saint-Exupery – Le Petit Prince
– Oscar Wilde – The Happy Prince and Other Tales
– Ted Hughes – The Iron Man
– Terry Pratchet – Nation
– Doctor Who
– Harry Potter
As well as checking out the above reading lists, you might want to visit the library with your children, so that they can chat to a librarian about the kind of books they would like to read.
We are open Monday – Thursday 6pm – 10pm and Friday & Saturday 10am – 2pm.
Do you have any advice for Craig?
A Problem Shared… is your space to share both your problems and your advice with the FamilyPoint community.
Got a problem you want to share? Ask us now.
- My Husband’s Been Injured at Work, and We Need Money
- Scarlet Fever Comeback in Wales
- I Caught My Daughter Smoking
- Autism & Anxious Behaviour
- My Son Won’t Wear His Seatbelt