Last updated: July 4, 2017
About Blaenau Gwent Families First
We can support you to:
- Develop skills and access training to help you into employment.
- Help you overcome any barriers that are stopping you from achieving your best.
- Improve your family’s health and well being.
Families First is all about providing support to the whole family. In Blaenau Gwent the programme has two ‘Community Hub’ teams based in Blaina and Ebbw Vale which:
- Work with your family to identify any areas that we can help with
- Support you to decide how we can best support you and your family.
- Complete a request for services with you if you some short term help
- Discuss a JAFF (Joint Assessment Family Framework) with you if your support needs to come from a number of different services
- Make sure these services work together to offer the best support for your family through a ‘Team Around the Family’
The programme also offers a range of support including
- Managing children’s behaviour
- Ante natal support
- Coping with teenagers
- Breastfeeding support and baby massage
- Housing support needs
- Debt and help with budgeting and money
- Online counselling for under 25’s
- Accredited courses
Contact the Blaenau Gwent Families First Team for more information.
Who is this for?
Blaenau Gwent Families First programme is available to all families living within Blaenau Gwent.
For information on childcare please contact Blaenau Gwent FIS.
Employment / Education / Health and Well-being / Money / Parenting
Freephone 08000 32 33 39 (Blaenau Gwent Family Information Service)
Blaenau Gwent Families First Team
Heart of the Valleys Integrated Children’s Centre,