Last updated: July 13, 2018
About Cardiff Families First
Families First brings together different organisations to assist families that need some extra help or support, particularly if you are on a low-income. They can provide you with the right help at the right time.
They aim to:
– Help people to get jobs and do well once employed
– Help families achieve their potential
– Ensure you are healthy, safe and enjoy wellbeing
– Help your family to be confident, nurturing and resilient
It works in seven overlapping areas:
– Child and Youth Engagement
– Disability Team Around the Family
– Early Years
– Emotional & Mental Health and Wellbeing (Cadarn)
– Healthy Lifestyles
– Sustainable Employment
– Team Around the Family
To find out about the different services available, call the Cardiff Families First freephone helpline (0808 800 0038). You can also text 80800 starting your message with FamiliesFF.
On ringing the Freephone, a skilled and experienced practitioner will be able to provide information on Families First services: where these services are available and how to access them.
The Families First Freephone service also provides the option of a skilled and experienced practitioner who is able to visit you in person to discuss Families First and support them to access the services they need.
On visiting you and if your family feels that they would benefit from working with a number of services, they can then continue to work with you to develop a team around their family.
Who is this for?
Cardiff Families First programme is for families that need some extra help or support as long as you:
- Live in Cardiff
- Have a child under the age of 18 (or 25 if the young person has additional needs) or are expecting a baby
If you’re not eligible for Families First, there may be other services available to you. Please contact Cardiff FIS to find out more.
Employment / Education / Health and Well-being / Money / Parenting / Families First Freephone / Helpline / Information / Signposting
0808 800 0038 (freephone) or text 80800 (start message with “FamiliesFF”)