Last updated: June 27, 2017
About Denbighshire Families First
What Can We Help You With?
There are lots of ways we can support your family. We work with children, young people up to the age of 18 (up to 25 for those with a Disability), their parents or guardians, and other family members who may be part of the bigger picture.
We can provide confidential support and advice on:
- parenting skills, to help you manage your child’s/young person’s behaviour
- relationship problems or family conflict
- support and advice for young people aged 11-25
- supporting young carers and their families
- energy efficiency, and housing and employment rights
- helping you to make the most of your money
- dealing with loss
The Families First Programme in Denbighshire brings together those who provide support to families and work together to ensure that your needs are met, in the right way, when you need it.
Families First provides different types of support to the whole family depending on what your needs are through a Team Around the Family (TAF) approach, projects, activities and training organised by parts of the council, charities and other organisations.
We do this by:
- listening to your concerns
- identifying all of your family’s issues and needs
- allocating the right people to support you
- having a family-led meeting
- creating a Family Action Plan
- working together to solve the problems
How to get support
If you would like to ask for support from us, you can complete a self-referral form online.
Who is this for?
Families First are a group of people who can support your family during a difficult time. We provide support to your family and work to ensure that all needs are met in a coordinated manner (a Team Around the Family approach), at the right time when your family needs it.
If you’re not eligible for Families First, there may be other services available to you. Please contact Denbighshire FIS to find out more.
Employment / Disability / Early Years / Health / Education / Emotional & Mental Health / Family Support / Income Maximisation / Parenting/ Young Carers / Youth Support
PO Box 333,