Here’s a basic guide as to how to set up an account and how to sell your stuff on Amazon (amazon.co.uk), put together – very helpfully – by a mum from Wales.
If you know a little bit about computers, feel free to skip the first few steps. Full guide below!
Getting online and finding Amazon
1. After logging in to your PC on your desktop screen, open your internet browser. This could be one of a number of icons, depending on which browser you use. These can include but are not limited to:
a) Internet Explorer
b) Google Chrome
c) Mozilla Firefox
2. You can open any of these browsers by using the mouse to click on the icon associated with that browser on your home screen, as shown below. Then, you are ready to surf the internet (no surf board required!)
4. If you have used google.com to search for a website, you will need to click the relevant link to get to the website as shown below.
Registering or Signing In
5. Once you have got onto the website, you will be required to create an account or sign in to an existing account if you have one. This is done by highlighting your account and clicking “Sign in” if you have an account or “Start here” to create a new account.
6. If you already have an account, please skip to point (7). If not, keep reading and we’ll help you set one up.
You will need a name (hopefully you can remember it – if not, ask someone who knows you!), an email address and a password. Enter these on the following page and click on “Create your amazon account”.
7. To sign in to your account, you simply enter your email address and password in the spaces provided and click “Sign in”.
8. Once you have signed in, you will be taken back to Amazon’s homepage. Whilst there, to start selling an item, you will need to click “Sell”. If you are a new user or have not registered your details on Amazon, you will be redirected to a page asking you to register.
If you have registered your details already, you may skip to point (15).
Registering Your Details
9. Amazon may require some details from you. These details are taken in order for Amazon to know certain things, such as where to ship items to you and how to take payments from you. In order to register, you must click on “Register now”.
10. It is strongly advised that you read the entire page carefully, and then select your home country and click the “Continue” icon.
11. The next page requires you to enter some business and contact information. It is advised that you read the page carefully in order to know what information is required, then once you have finished, click on the “Save and Continue” icon.
12. The next page requires you to enter your bank card details, such as the card number and address of the cardholder.
13. Your account will then need to be verified on the next page. You can do this by a phone call or by text, depending on your preference. To do this, simply select one of the two options, enter your phone number and click on “Call/text me now”.
14. After verifying your account, it will take you to a page that has a checklist of all the steps you have completed in order to register. When all of them have been completed, you may click on the “Save and Continue” icon.
How To Sell An Item
15. After completing this, it will take you to the page shown below. To sell an item, you can either use the search bar to find a product identical to yours on the website or you can add an entirely new listing by clicking the link.
16. If you create a new listing, you will be required to pick a category in which your product fits. This is done by simply clicking the corresponding link e.g. films would be in “DVD and Blu-ray”, books would belong in “Books”, etc. Continue to pick these categories to tailor which one you want your item to be associated with.
17. After picking your categories and sub-categories, it will take you to a page where you are to fill out the details of the item that you are selling. For example, if it was a book, you would need to enter the title, author, publisher, its edition, etc.
18. After completing this, you can click on “Save and Finish” to submit your listing and start earning some money!
Terms and conditions
For full terms and condition, click on link. Hold CTRL button on keyboard and left click on the link below.
We hope you now know how to sell your stuff on Amazon. Here is a link to the Amazon.co.uk “Help” page, if you need more help.
Want to find out about services available to you and your child in your area? Would you like to chat about family matters in general? Then get in touch with the FamilyPoint Cymru helpline.
- Phone: 0300 222 57 57
- Text: 07860 052 905
- Instant message (see top of page)
We are open 6pm – 10pm Monday to Thursday and 10am – 2pm Friday & Saturday.
Like this article? Check out some others:
Image credits: All screenshots by author