Last updated: March 6, 2017
About Neath Port Talbot Supporting People Programme
The Supporting People programme provides housing-related support to help people in Wales to live as independently as possible.
The programme supports more than 56,000 people each year to live in their own homes, 44,000 of these are older people. We also support people with learning disabilities, households fleeing domestic violence, people threatened with or recovering from homelessness, mental and emotional health needs and substance misuse issues.
Support Staff will enable and assist service users with the following housing-related support activities (not full list);
- Needs assessment and support planning
- Understanding and help with complying with the terms of a tenancy/ mortgage
- Assistance with acquiring, developing and maintaining life skills and links with the community
- Identifying and applying for appropriate benefit entitlements
- Maintaining the safety of the accommodation and advice on the security of the home and arranging repairs
- Support to pay bills, arranging direct debits and assistance with budgeting and financial issues
Who is this for?
You can be referred through an organisation or access support directly.
If you’re not eligible for the Supporting People Programme, there may be other services available to you.
Please contact Neath Port Talbot FIS to find out more.
Additional Needs / Disability / Health and Well-being / Homelessness / Housing
Supporting People Team