Last updated: June 27, 2017
About Newport Communities First
Communities First Newport works with residents, community groups, business and other key organisations who want to help to create positive change for their local area.
We aim to make opportunities in education and skills available to everyone and involve local people in projects, activities and events that can improve their own prospects and those of the community.
Who is this for?
There are four Community First clusters in Newport:
- Newport Central: Pillgwenlly, Stow Hill, Victoria
- Newport East: Alway, Beechwood, Liswerry, Ringland
- Newport North: Bettws, Malpas, Shaftesbury
- Newport West: Gaer, Duffryn, Maesglas
Within these there are postcode restrictions, you can contact each area to find out if you are eligible:
- Newport Central: Nathan Davies, firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter
- Newport East: Jamie Witt, email@example.com, Facebook
- Newport North: Siobhan Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook & Twitter
- Newport West: Jane Lewis, email@example.com, Facebook & Twitter
If you’re not eligible for Communities First, there may be other services that are available to you. Please contact Newport FIS to find out.
Adult Education / Employment / Health / Wellbeing / Money
Pillgwenlly Millennium Centre,
Rascal Hope Centre
9 Poplar Road
Bettws Civil Service
9 Shannon Close
Maesglas Community Centre