FamilyPoint Cymru’s helpline for families in Wales connects you with advisers who can support you to get the information and services you need for you and your family.
The internet is a wonderful thing. So much information, so much news and so many pictures of cats.
But sometimes it can feel like there’s too much information. Sometimes it’s really hard to find exactly what you’re after, no matter how much Googling you do.
Sometimes the wi-fi is on the blink or there’s no internet at all.
Sometimes you just want some one-to-one advice, to actually speak with a real person.
That’s why FamilyPoint Cymru has a helpline for families in Wales, as well as a website.
Since November last year, we’ve been open six days a week fielding calls, replying to texts and chatting using instant messenger with families in Wales who are looking for info, advice and support.
What kinds of things have people been calling about? We’ve had a wide range of enquiries including:
- A mum in Neath Port Talbot concerned about her son’s behaviour at school.
- A mum concerned about her partner smoking in the house with their daughter present.
- A mum struggling to cope with the behaviour of her son who has ADHD.
- Enquiries about childcare in Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Flintshire, Newport, Torfaen, Wrexham.
- Eviction and housing rights in Bridgend, Cardiff, Conwy, Newport and Blaenau Gwent.
- Dentists in Flintshire.
- Parental depression.
- Maternity leave rights.
As you can see the advisors on the the helpline have answered calls about a wide range of topics from all across Wales, but what would you like to talk about? We run our helpline for families in Wales so you can feel supported, whenever you need us.
You can call us on 0300 222 57 57
If you don’t want to talk but would rather type, you can either:
Text on 07860 052 905 or you can Instant Message (click on the button at the top of the page)
The FamilyPoint Cymru helpline is open 9am till 5pm Mondays to Fridays.