Last updated: June 26, 2017
About Pembrokeshire Supporting People Programme
The Supporting People Programme aims to:
- help people to live as independently as possible
- provide people with the help they need to live in their own homes, hostels, sheltered housing or other specialist housing
- prevent housing problems
- provide help to complement the personal or medical care that some people may need
- put those who need support at the heart of the programme
- ensure quality services, delivered as efficiently and effectively as possible through joint working between organisations that plan, provide and fund services
- provide funding for support based on need
- promote equality and reducing inequalities
Housing related support helps people to live independently within their own home. Examples of the type of support they fund through Supporting People include:
- Help to ensure people are claiming their full benefit entitlements
- Help people to develop the skills necessary to set up and maintain a tenancy
- Advice, advocacy and liaison with organisations
Who is this for?
Anyone who has a housing support need.
If you’re not eligible for the Supporting People programme, there may be other services that are available to you. Please contact Pembrokeshire FIS to find out.
Additional Needs / Disability / Health and Well-being / Homelessness / Housing
01437 770014 – Family Information Service
Pembrokeshire County Council